- Salt dehydrates the body and oil levels rise in the skin to try and combat it.
- Refined grains spike blood sugar levels, which leads to an increase in oil production.
- Dairy products, which contain high levels of hormones that can lead to increased oil production and blocked pores.
- Sugary sweets spike blood sugar levels and the body responds by producing more insulin, which in turn encourages your skin to produce oil.
- Alcohol causes skin dehydration, which causes the skin to produce more oil to compensate, often leading to breakouts.
We love eating blueberries for healthy skin!
Here are FIVE of their skin benefits: ✋
- Treats acne
- Improves under-eye circles
- Prevents premature aging
- Heals damaged skin cells
- Nourishes skin
Beautiful skin requires beauty sleep!
We recommend that adults get 7 – 9 hours of sleep per night.
To help you fall asleep faster, try consuming one of these FIVE foods one hour before bed: ✋
- Chamomile Tea – contains apigenin, an antioxidant that promotes sleepiness and reduces insomnia.
- Kiwi – high in serotonin, which regulates sleep cycle.
- Walnuts – one of the best food sources of melatonin, a brain chemical that helps regulate sleep.
- Bananas – contains tryptophan and magnesium, which increase sleep quality.
- Almonds – high in melatonin and magnesium, which promotes good sleep.
Coconut oil smells great and makes your skin look great! 🥥
Try adding coconut oil to your skincare routine to reap these FIVE benefits: ✋
- Diminish under eye circles.
- Treat skin ailments including eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Keep skin looking young with Vitamin C anti-aging properties.
- Moisturize and smooth skin.
- Remove makeup.
Vitamin C is essential for great skin!
Try these FIVE foods for a Vitamin C boost: ✋
- Bell Peppers