We put the spotlight on hyperpigmentation with treatment & product options as well as Emsculpt & Emtone special.
For this month, we discussed the difference between Rosacea and the new “Maskne” with a special purchase from Sente Labs and and invitation for the new Analyser service.
Click here to learn more.
For glowing skin, try this FIVE step orange peel mask!
- Mix 2 tsp of orange peel powder and 1 tsp of oatmeal
- Add 1 tsp baking soda
- Add water & stir to form a paste
- Apply & leave on for 15 mins
- Wash with cold water
Keep your skin feeling clear & smooth with a FIVE ingredient DIY thyme and lemon moisturizer, from our founder Dr. Ava Shamban!
Thyme protects skin from environmental stressors and helps oiliness, while lemon oil prevents wrinkles and clears acne.
Prevent acne and moisturize skin with this FIVE step honey and coconut oil face mask!
- Combine 1 tbsp honey with 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix until sticky
- Apply to face
- Wait 15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Soothe inflammation with a FIVE step baking soda mask!
- Combine 1 tsp of baking soda & 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Add 2 tsp honey & mix
- Apply to dry face & wait 10 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
- Splash with cold water to close pores
Get soft and supple skin all over by soaking in this FIVE ingredient milk bath, from our founder Dr. Ava Shamban!
Lactic acid present in milk cleans and softens the skin, while preventing dryness.
The risk is always worth the reward!✋
Mistakes are necessary for growth.✋
Beautiful skin is your best accessory.✋
Taking care of yourself shows the world that you take pride in who you are, and helps command the respect you deserve!✋
Never give up on your dreams.✋
We love incorporating rose water into our daily skin care regimen!
Not only does it feel refreshing – and not to mention smells amazing – it also has these FIVE benefits for your complexion! ?
- Fights acne
- Soothes sunburn
- Reduces puffiness
If you experience cellulite, check out this FIVE ingredient essential oil recipe to diminish cellulite from our friends at Shape Magazine!✋
To permanently break up fat cells & smooth cellulite, we love our Smoother treatment!
Planning a trip? Want to look fresh-faced when you land?
Try this FIVE step pre-flight skin care routine:✋
- Wash face
- Apply a serum
- Apply a topical probiotic
- Use a rich moisturizer
- Apply a broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen
Aloe is great for soothing a #sunburn, but here are FIVE alternative uses for this miracle plant:✋
- As a psoriasis treatment
- To treat stubborn blemishes
- For smoother digestion
- Soothe sore Joints
- To boost immunity
You work hard for great looking skin!
To make skin even better, here are FIVE everyday things to avoid that cause premature skin aging:✋
- Inflammatory foods – white bread and red meat
- Too little sleep
Here are FIVE things you can do to protect your skin from the hot sun: ✋
- Broad spectrum SPF 50+!
- Sensitive Skin? Try baby sunscreen
- Avoid the sun between 10am – 2pm
- Wear a hat!
- Don’t be afraid of shade!
We can’t stress the importance of wearing daily broad-spectrum sunscreen enough, to reap these FIVE benefits: ✋
- Protect against skin disorders and skin cancer!
- Keep your skin looking younger, longer.
- Avoid facial brown spots and pigment blotchiness.
- Prevent sunburns (ouch!)
- Keep skin soft and smooth.
One of our favorites is the oil-free Elta MD Skin Care UV Clear, which helps calm and protect sensitive skin types prone to breakouts, rosacea and discoloration.
It’s sundress season!
While we love the look of a tan, we don’t like what it does to your skin.
Rather than laying out in the sun, opt for one of these FIVE fantastic at home self-tanners which don’t streak! Brought to you by our friends at Marie Claire! ✋
Sunglasses protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, just like broad spectrum SPF 50+!
For some cute sunnies, check out this article from our friends at Allure. We love No. 2 and No. 4, check out the other FIVE! ✋
Wearing moisturizer with an SPF daily is vital in keeping your skin youthful. But, if you have acne, some moisturizers can clog your pores and leave your skin feeling oily.
Thankfully Bustle is here to save the day – with these top FIVE best SPF moisturizers for acne! ✋
Do you want long, lush hair?
Here are FIVE tips on how to get your hair to grow faster! ✋
- Air-dry it more often
- Schedule regular trims
- Consider changing your diet – foods high in biotin (like whole grains and salmon) play an important role in producing protein which helps your hair grow
- Use a hair mask weekly
- STOP wrapping your hair in a massive towel! Towels lift your hair’s cuticle, which causes your hair to break! We recommend substituting your towel for a t-shirt
When your skin looks good, your hair looks even better!
For stronger, more beautiful hair add these FIVE nutrients into your diet: ✋
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Everyone wants great skin and hair!
Did you know that apple cider vinegar is great for both?
Here are FIVE skin and hair benefits of using apple cider vinegar: ✋
- Restore your scalp’s pH to reduce damage and frizz
- Brightens skin, when used as a toner
- Removes hair product buildup
- Add shine to your hair
- Is a great spot treatment for pimples
Eat sunflower seeds for healthy skin and hair!
Here are FIVE benefits of eating a handful of seeds daily: ✋
- Vitamin E protects against skin cell-damaging free radicals, preventing signs of aging.
- Encourages collagen and elastin production for smoother, softer skin.
- Beta-carotene protects against environmental damage.
- Omega-6 fatty acids prevent hair thinning.
- Vitamin E promotes hair growth by improving blood circulation.
Sometimes your hair deserves a little R&R! If you don’t have time to make it into the salon, try these FIVE tips!✋
- Oil – Massage your head with any hair nourishing oil for 15-20 minutes. You can use olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil or sesame oil. It increases the blood circulation and helps increase hair growth.
- Steam – Dip a towel in warm water and squeeze to remove excess water. Wrap around your head for 15-20 minutes to help oil penetrate deep inside the scalp.
- Wash – Wash hair with shampoo using cold or lukewarm water.
- Condition – Apply conditioner after shampooing.
- Mask – Apply a hair mask and cover hair with a warm towel for 20 minutes before washing the mask off with a mild shampoo.
Do you have combination or dry skin?
For a cleanser that is perfect for you, try this DIY grape and honey cleanser from our founder and celebrity dermatologist, Dr. Ava Shamban. You only need FIVE ingredients! ✋
We love eating juicy tomatoes on their own or in a salad, but when applied topically they leave your skin glowing!
Try this DIY tomato face mask today, from our founder Dr. Ava Shamban:
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp almond meal
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ⅓ teaspoon rosemary leaves
Blend all ingredients to make a puree. Apply the mixture to clean, dry skin and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
This mask has these FIVE skin benefits: ✋?
- Shrinks pores
- Removes blackhead
- Heals sunburns
- Reduces shine
- Treats acne
Want to keep your skin feeling hydrated and refreshed to beat this summer heat?
Try this DIY facial toner mist that only takes FIVE ingredients, from our founder Dr. Ava Shamban. ✋
Try this FIVE ingredient grape & honey #cleanser from our founder @DrAvaSays. ✋
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp milk
Blend ingredients together until mixed well. Keep refrigerated & wash face with the cleanser morning & night.
We love a nourishing DIY face mask, so we are sharing some of our favorites!
First up – the Cocoa Dream Hydration Mask! It includes avocado, cocoa and honey. ✋
For the recipe & FIVE more DIY face masks, check out this
article from our friends at Marie Claire!What could be better looking than a perfectly ripe and green avocado? Beautiful skin!
Avocados make everything taste better, and they also do wonders for your skin because of their abundance of antioxidants and oils!
Here are FIVE reasons to incorporate avocado oil into your skin care routine:
- Natural treatment for acne.
- Anti-aging benefits.
- Natural treatment for sunburn.
- Hydrates and moisturizes skin.
- Reduces inflammation.
Vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy, glowing skin!
Here are FIVE foods packed with Vitamin A that are also tasty:
- Sweet potatoes
Hydrated skin starts with hydration on the inside!
Here are FIVE foods that are high in water content and great for your skin:
We love eating fresh strawberries for gorgeous skin!
Here are FIVE skin benefits of strawberries:
- Vitamin C boosts collagen production.
- Ellagic acid prevents collagen loss.
- Seeds exfoliate when applied topically.
- Eliminates cellular waste which ages skin.
- Fights oily skin.
We love foods that taste great, and also make your skin look great – like papaya!
Here are FIVE skin benefits of papaya:
- Fades age spots
- Wards off UV damage to prevent new spots
- Enhances radiance
- Evens out complexion
- Removes dead skin cells